Below, we try to answer some commonly asked questions. If you have a question that is not listed, then please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
- Is there an alternative White metal that doesn’t need Rhodium plating?
Platinum or Palladium are alternatives to white gold that require no treatment.
- I want a bespoke engagement ring made prior to my surprise proposal. Can you help?
Of course. A surprise proposal with a ring is a fantastic way to ‘pop the question’. There are many ways to go about doing this to ensure the correct ring is produced. Any ring can be discussed, ordered, made and delivered in the strictest of confidence to ensure your surprise remains that way. I have helped many customers do this. Please contact me for further information.
- How does the jewellery you provide differ from those of high street stores?
This is very simple. Many pieces on the market today, especially those in high street chains, use pre-manufactured rings that have been produced using a process called ‘casting’. This is where a ‘pattern or model’ is made originally and then reproduced identically 1000’s of times. The result is a cheaper item but one that many, many other people will own the exact copy. This will never happen with a bespoke piece. It is very easy to spot the difference between a casting and a handmade piece.
- Our wedding rings are now over 40 years old and have worn very thin. Can they be melted and used in part of the materials of new rings?
Yes. Most precious metals are suitable to be melted down and reused.
- I have an old piece left to me by a relative. Can any parts of it be used again?
Yes. The stones could be unset and reused and the metal could be melted down to form a new (or part of a new) item.
- What metals do you work in?
I am able to make your piece out of any combination of precious metals, such as: Platinum, White Gold, Red Gold, Yellow Gold or Palladium.
- What gemstones can I have in my RTFJ bespoke piece?
I can source the finest Diamonds and Gemstones from the best origins in the world via the most respected UK importers. All diamonds can carry a GIA certificate.
- Can you guarantee that the stones used in your pieces are conflict-free?
Yes. I can offer written guarantees that all my stones, including Diamonds, have been purchased from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with U.N Resolutions.
- How long does it take to have a piece commissioned?
This depends on the item and the time of year! In our quieter periods, a plain wedding band can be turned around in under 2 weeks. But at busier times or if the ring is a little more detailed the lead time can be up to 8 weeks. We like to have as long as you can give us to make your piece, but we understand this is not always possible. Please call for advice as soon as possible if you’re in need of an item quickly.
- How competitively priced is your bespoke jewellery?
As we are the manufacturer of all of our jewellery, there is no ‘middle man’. Therefore we guarantee to be competitive on our prices.